Movember is a Foundation that raises funds for prostate and testicular cancer research.
It is the brainchild of Australian Adam Garone. He explains the origins and work of the Foundation in this TEDx talk:
‘Mo’ means moustache in Australia, and Movember is all about growing a moustache in November to raise funds for cancer research.
Movember has a global presence, but unfortunately no Indian presence worth talking about.
Note: Unlike India, where men traditionally sport moustaches, men sporting a moustache in North America, Europe and Australia are considered to be homosexual. As a male homosexual stereotype, it is almost taboo to grow a moustache in those regions.
The rules are simple:
1. Sign up for Movember here (choose your location):
2. Begin 1st of November with a clean shaven face- no moustache!
3. For the entire month of November, each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
4. Faking not allowed- no goatees, beards or fake moustaches permitted.
5. Use the moustache to create conversations and raise awareness and funds for mens health, mental health, prostate and testicular cancer.
6. Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman..
Here’s the link to the Movember rules:
Here’s the link to the Movember India facebook page:
Here’s the link to a recent Indian media report on Movember: